Saturday, August 16, 2008

HE'S IN BLACKFACE

So the media is making a big deal out of Robert Downy Jr. in Tropic Thuder because he's portraying a black man. "He's in blackface", they accuse.

Normally I'd be against something like this. Remembering Ted Danson back in the early 90s still makes me shiver; however, I doubt that Mr. Downy Jr. did this role to be mocking of blacks. I believe that he is an actor playing a role, and the fact that it is RDJ playing this character is funny. Having Don Cheadle in this role probably wouldn't be as funny as seeing RDJ play this character. So I think the media should back off. They didn't have squat to say when Marlon and Shawn Wayans played white girls in their roles White Chicks. I'm just saying.

And yes, I love me some RDJ,so leave him alone.

No comments: