Friday, December 29, 2006

SADDAM HUSSEIN ANNOUNCEMENT

It's 9:24 p.m. CST, and we've just got word that Saddam has been executed, according to ABC News. For such a defining event, the mood is very nonchalant. The media interrupt the 20/20 interview with Perez Hilton, I would have rather watched the interview than to have Saddam take up more of my time, but I digress. It is important to report of such events for future generations, so they'll know how the average person feels about this matter. I wish that I could record in time my feelings from the day the Towers went down, although the memory is still with me, the emotions are gone.
I for one, feel anxious and have felt anxious all day. I'm afraid of repercussions. If there were ever a reason to use the death penalty, Saddam's case was it. I'm just wondering how many people has to die martyring him.
So I'll pray. And I'll continue to pray. For Peace. For guidance, for understanding.


Lea

2 comments:

Lyrically speaking said...

This is really the sign of times...and you have valid reason to be anxious. I feel the same way, the side effects of Saddam's death is what we should ponder upon. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

ME said...

Thank you for commenting. I do hope that there is peace. Happy New Year.

Lea