Thursday, August 23, 2007

IT DOESN'T PAY TO BE FAMOUS

The other day the family and I went to TGIF and saw Justin Gatlin on a date. While in the middle of the date, the two was interrupted by a man who preceded to sit himself at the table with the pair. Boy did JG look pissed, and his date seemed politely, but a bit disconcerted by the intruder(the unwelcome guest obviously knew JG)
This went on for at least 15 minutes and then JG and his date, along with the man, got up to leave(mind you, their food was only half eaten). JG looked over at my hubby, closed his eye and shook his head. My hubby gave him a sympathetic smile and nodded. JG and the woman then left the restaurant.
Is it right to bombard celebrities whenever it's convenient for us? I don't think so. I mean, come on, this was Justin Gatlin, I can't imagine how Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie does it. And why do people feel as if they have an inalienable right to intrude on a star outside of RedCarpet events?

This has to get tiring quick.
Ohh, btw, if I were to see Tyrese anywhere, it's my right to mob him because he is just that fine. He's the exception to the rule.
hehehehe

Also, the death of Eddie Griffin on Friday may have been a suicide.
It's hard to ram your vehicle into a moving train and it be an accident. So sad. People around him says that he may have suffered from depression.
So, who's around when the famous flips out? I mean who was surprised at Anna Nicole taking her own life? Lindsey and Britney are a train wreck waiting to happen, as is Rod Stewarts' son; oh and DMX. Lord help him. I guess it doesn't pay to have an entourage. I mean, with all these people around them, no one's the voice of reason?
Hell, if I'm feeling pissy and out of place, I have plenty of people to call me out on it. If I'm sick or feeling isolated, I have people who will surround me and let me know that it's going to be okay. I have people who genuinely love me.
I guess it doesn't pay to be famous if you can't get even one person to have your back.

No comments: