Wednesday, August 08, 2007

WHATCH TALKIN' BOUT WILLIS???


So a fellow author and I are talking about the industry in general. You know the 'pros and cons' of the epub business. I brought up the fact that sometimes the industry bring out their 'clan' hat when dealing with black authors. She reminded me that its not just black authors that are getting discriminated against, but also authors of other races,especially when dealing with a niche company.i.e. We know of a company who treated the white authors horribly.
The author friend with whom I was speaking with says that at certain companies, she was treated less than the redheaded step child, she was treated like an "orphan who was only adopted to collect well fare and food stamps. 'No, not like Angelina Jolie and Madonna adopting helpless children, I felt like Gary Coleman with my parents pushing me on the stage making me say "Whatcha Talkin' Bout Willis'."Kind of orphan.
But despite the really bad experiences, she and I have landed in some great companies. Thank God for that.


Lea

No comments: